Previous Page Next Page

On arrival at the fire they found no water supply and with the cottage well alight they had lots of hard work to look forward too.

They could however turn the thatch over and damped it down, trees and shrubs were damaged The fire was caused by a spark from a passing traction engine the name of the owner of the engine was not recorded.

The cottage owned by Mr Hill is recorded as a pretty six room cottage occupied by the groom




The Crew
Cpt F. A. Beale,
Fm J Bull,
Fm C Jerome,
Fm W Blake,
Fm C Simkins,
Fm H Archer,
Fm V Alexander,
Fm B Irwin